Reports To: Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Burdock House)
Term: Permanent Full-Time
Hours: Tuesday through Saturday 11:30pm to 7:30am with ½ hour paid break.
Wage Range: $19.00 to $23.00 commensurate with experience.
Permanent Full-Time/Temporary Full-Time (over three months) who work more than 30 hours per week are eligible for three weeks paid vacation in the first year and they may be taken after a successful probationary period. In the second year, this entitlement increases to four weeks. In the fifth year, the entitlement increases to five weeks. Each year after five years the entitlement is five weeks plus one day for every subsequent year to a maximum of six weeks. Unless otherwise negotiated. Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (over 22.5 hours per week on contracts more than three months) vacation entitlements accrue each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended). Casual/On-Call/Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (under 22.5 hours per week or on contracts less than three months) vacation entitlements are paid out each payroll according to EmploymentStandards Act BC (as amended).
Permanent Full-Time employees are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). Temporary Full-Time employees for a term longer than three months are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). These hours can be fulfilled through a variety of permanent positions. Part-Time Employees are eligible to take part in our Health Care Spending Account which provides a tax-free partial reimbursement for eligible healthcare expenses up to the bi-annual maximum for Permanent Part-Time, Temporary Part- Time and Caretakers through a third-party administrator. Permanent Full-Time and Permanent Part-Time employees have access to the Wellness Plan benefit. All employees have access to two paid culturally sensitive days, Annual Retreats, Training, and ASK Staff SocialEvents.
Who is the ASK Wellness Society?
The ASK Wellness Society is a not for profit organization that supports individuals within the BC Region with opportunities and the resources to change their current situation. It’s about reaching out to those people who are homeless and battling addictions, helping them find housing and medical care, addressing their addictions, stabilizing mental health issues and ultimately, providing them with the skills to re-enter the work force. The ASK Wellness Society administers an unconditional sense of hope to those who are convinced that they are incapable of everachieving a stable, meaningful life.
Purpose and Function
To provide life skills services to Program Participants who are at-risk of homelessness in our community.Promote/mentor healthy, independent living skills to Program Participants in order for them to achieve their goals andlive as independently as possible. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
- Encourage and support Program Participants to live as fully and independently as possible within the local community, providinginformation, emotional/practical support and training as appropriate;
- Contribute to the protection of Program Participants from abuse, and support Participants when they are in distress;
- Work closely with community resources;
- When necessary, be trained to be the first to respond to an overdose situation with on the spot overdose response and support;work calmly and together with your team, paramedics and police in crisis situations;
- Assist with completing rooms checks every two weeks;
- When required provide additional services to other supportive housing settings;
- Help maintain a clean and organized workspace by doing light housekeeping in the office space;
- Monitor and move along community members who are loitering in and around the property;
- Work with your team to assist with meal service/preparation, and common area cleanliness;
- Ensure compliance with all Society supportive standards, policies and procedures;
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
- Assist team with maintaining daily log, medication log/prescriptions (ensure book is updated, all meds accounted for and follow up’s on prescriptions to ensure medication is up-to-date);
- Complete move in/move out paperwork as required by ASK Property Services Department under supervision from Coordinator ofHousing Supports (Burdock House);
- Maintain complete documentation, statistics and records in files and on ShareVision database;
- Assist team with required verbal and written reports, case notes, letters, memoranda, and year end reports;
- Maintain files and documentation to the COA Standard and when requested, be a member of the COA’s Performance and Quality Improvement team in which you will encourage the organization to use data to identify areas of needed improvement and implement improvement plans.
Qualifications and Suitability
- Bachelor of Social Work, Human Service Diploma or equivalent and/or experience with mental health/addiction and homelessnessissues;
- Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports;
- Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries;
- Strong working knowledge of community resources;
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation and organizational skills;
- Must pass criminal record check for vulnerable sector and reference screening;
- VAT (Vulnerability Assessment Tool) training an asset;
- Mental Health First Aid, Trauma Informed Practice and ASSIST Training an asset;
- Level 1 First Aid required;
- In-house Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness Training, and 2sLGBTQ+ Training provided;
- Class 4 license an asset;
- As clients are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. We are fully focused on equality and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender,gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Closing Date: This posting will remain open until the successful candidate is chosen
Interview Dates: To be discussed
Send cover letter and resume to: Careers@askwellness.ca
Please Reference Position (multiple positions available): Tenant Support Worker – Burdock House (Tuesday to Saturday, 11:30pm-7:30am)
Attention: Human Resources