Program and Site Location: Stollery Suites, 440 Mackenzie Ave.
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer and Chief Operating Officer
Term: Temporary Full-Time (One year Maternity Leave position) starting July 2022 up to and including July 2023
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break (37.5 hours per week)
Wage Range: Based on experience and industry standards.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Position Summary: The Executive Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO, COO and Management Team. Within this role you will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism/confidentiality, is highly self-motivated, capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced not-for-profit organization. Service delivery is based on a client centered, trauma informed and non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
- Serve as the primary administrative point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the CEO/COO, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Responsible for drafting agendas and transcribing meeting minutes for Management meetings and other meeting minutes as directed.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the CEO and COO’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including assisting with special projects. designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations. collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties. composing and preparing correspondence.
- Work in collaboration with the COA Implementation and Communications Specialist to coordinate scheduling and events for officers when required.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts. make sound judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Maintain calendars and arrange meetings/appointments and provide reminders.
- Respond to community concerns when required.
- Respond to CEO/COO emails and calls when required.
- Assist as the Board of Directors liaison to support and provide information when required.
- Organize and coordinate all staff meetings, management meetings and Society Annual General Meetings (location rentals, travel, food, beverages etc.).
- Monitor calls, take messages and reviewing correspondence.
- Ensure compliance with all ASK supportive standards, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain complete documentation, and records in files.
- Assist with required verbal and written reports, letters, memoranda, and year end reports.
- Other duties which may or may not be listed within this job description.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Post-secondary Diploma, Certificate or Degree in Office Administration or related field.
- Minimum one year experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- Proven experience as an executive assistant or other relative administrative support experience required.
- Experience with mental health/addiction and homelessness issues an asset.
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work within a team-based environment involving multi-agency supports.
- Strong working knowledge of community resources.
- Understands and maintains professional boundaries.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Executive Assistant” to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 6, 2022 at 9:00am with interviews set to take place on June 13, 2022. You may also apply directly apply online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor.
If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.