Reports To: Chief Operating Officer and Property Services Senior Administrative Associate
Term: Temporary Full-Time starting ASAP up to and including September 31, 2022
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break.
Wage Range: $19.00 to $23.00 commensurate with experience.
Permanent Full-Time/Temporary Full-Time (over three months) who work more than 30 hours per week are eligible for three weeks paid vacation in the first year and they may be taken after a successful probationary period. In the second year, this entitlement increases to four weeks. In the fifth year, the entitlement increases to five weeks. Each year after five years the entitlement is five weeks plus one day for every subsequent year to a maximum of six weeks. Unless otherwise negotiated. Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (22.5 hours per week and over on contracts more than three months) vacation entitlements accrue each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended). Casual/On-Call/Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (under 22.5 hours per week or on contracts less than three months) vacation entitlements are paid out each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended).
Permanent Full-Time employees are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). Temporary Full-Time employees for a term longer than three months are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). These hours can be fulfilled through a variety of permanent positions. Part-Time Employees are eligible to take part in our Health Care Spending Account which provides a tax-free partial reimbursement for eligible healthcare expenses up to the bi-annual maximum for Permanent Part-Time, Temporary Part-Time and Caretakers through a third-party administrator. Permanent Full-Time and Permanent Part-Time employees have access to the Wellness Plan benefit. All employees have access to two paid culturally sensitive days, Annual Retreats, Training, and ASK Staff Social Events.
Who is the ASK Wellness Society?
The ASK Wellness Society is a not-for-profit organization that supports individuals within the BC Region with opportunities and the resources to change their current situation. It is about reaching out to those people who are homeless and battling addictions, helping them find housing and medical care, addressing their addictions, stabilizing mental health issues and, ultimately, providing them with the skills to re-enter the work force. The ASK Wellness Society administers an unconditional sense of hope to those who are convinced they are incapable of ever achieving a stable and meaningful life.
Purpose and Function
The Property Services Housing Liaison works to provide the bridge between the Property Services Department, Housing Coordinators, and Cleaning/Maintenance Team within Kamloops to ensure organization, consistency and policies and procedures are being followed. This position is an integral part of a busy and dynamic Non-Profit Society. In this role, you will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while managing the day-to-day related administrative activities.
- Foster effective and respectful working relationship between Property Services and Coordinators to ensure both entities are supported to function efficiently;
- Ensure effective communication of service delivery between Property Services and Coordinators;
- Assist with necessary Property Services move out paperwork related to client tenancies;
- Attend monthly site inspections and note repairs needed – report to Property Services Department so that work orders can be generated;
- Check in with Coordinators on a weekly basis to ensure paperwork/work orders, etc. are being processed and completed in a timely manner;
- When necessary, assist Coordinators with collection of damage deposits;
- Coordinate with Property Services, Maintenance, and Coordinators for contractor services;
- Transport clients when appropriate to assist with Ministry receipt of Shelter forms and subsequent payment;
- In Collaboration with Coordinators, assist with move out documentation required by the Property Services Team;
- Assist Coordinators and employees with determining cleaning times and hours needed to complete unit clean ups and determine whether an outside company is required for biohazard clean up;
- Maintain complete documentation, statistics, and records in files and on ShareVision database;
- Assist team with required verbal and written reports, case notes, letters, memoranda, and year end reports;
- Maintain files and documentation to the COA Standard;
- When requested, be a member of the COA’s Performance and Quality Improvement team in which you will encourage the organization to use data to identify areas of needed improvement and implement improvement plans in support of achieving performance targets, program goals, client satisfaction, and positive client outcomes;
- Other duties which may or may not be listed within this job description;
- Ensure compliance with all ASK supportive standards, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications and Suitability
- Post-secondary Diploma, Certificate or Degree is preferred in Office Administration an asset;
- Human Services Diploma or experience with mental health and/or addiction an asset;
- Experience and/or knowledge in the rental tenancy act an asset;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook;
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and detailed tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Resilient and adaptable to change and able to improvise and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Results-oriented and focused on achieving goals and has accountability for expected results;
- Ability to motivate and empower others to reach organizational goals;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information;
- Must have access to vehicle in good working condition and possess valid driver’s license with relevant insurance to transport clients;
- In-house Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness Training, and 2sLGBTQ+ Training provided;
- As clients are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. We are fully focused on equality and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until filled.
Send cover letter and resume to: Careers@askwellness.ca
Please Reference Position: Property Services Housing Liaison
Attention: Human Resources