Job Title: Finance Associate
Program and Site Location: Administration, Stollery Suites
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Term Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break
Wage Range: $23.16 to $26.97 based on education and related experience.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited, not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing or at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, or who require mental health supports, harm reduction, or health education. Ultimately, we aim to provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Position Summary: The Finance Associate provides full cycle accounting and payroll support to the Finance Department. In this role, you will be expected to exercise sound judgment and independence while supporting the day-to-day related administrative and finance activities.
Typical Duties Include:
- Prepare and process accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Preparation of statutory and other reporting requirements.
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts. prepare related journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end reporting.
- Support and provide backup for other Finance department roles.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Suitability:
- Bookkeeping experience an asset.
- Experience with payroll in Canada an asset.
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Ability to work unsupervised in a team environment to achieve objectives within specifically negotiated timelines.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- It is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Finance Associate” to firstname.lastname@example.org
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.