Reports To: Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Burdock House)
Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Fairhaven)
Wage: $19.00 to $21.00 per hour
Casual/On-Call/Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (under 22.5 hours per week or on contracts less than three months) vacation entitlements are paid out each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended).
Permanent Full-Time employees are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). Temporary Full-Time employees for a term longer than three months are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). These hours can be fulfilled through a variety of permanent positions. Part-Time Employees are eligible to take part in our Health Care Spending Account which provides a tax-free partial reimbursement for eligible healthcare expenses up to the bi-annual maximum for Permanent Part-Time, Temporary Part-Time and Caretakers through a third-party administrator. Permanent Full-Time and Permanent Part-Time employees have access to the Wellness Plan benefit. All employees have access to two paid culturally sensitive days, Annual Retreats, Training, and ASK Staff Social Events.
What is Casual/On-Call?
Casual/On-Call means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 37.5hours per week. Casual/On-Call is a great way for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you. It is also a gateway for future permanent positions within the Society. There are no rules with respect to declining shifts that do not work with your schedule that may result in removal from the casual/on-call list.
Who is the ASK Wellness Society?
The ASK Wellness Society is a not for profit organization that supports individuals within the BC Region with opportunities and the resources to change their current situation. It’s about reaching out to those people who are homeless and battling addictions, helping them find housing and medical care, addressing their addictions, stabilizing mental health issues and, ultimately, providing them with the skills to re-enter the work force. The ASK Wellness Society administers an unconditional sense of hope to those who are convinced they are incapable of ever achieving a stable and meaningful life.
Purpose and Function
Work under the direction of the Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Burdock House) and Coordinator of Supportive Housing (Fairhaven) to maintain cleanliness in office buildings and client suites through a variety of locations. Building and suite clean-ups which may or may not include: windows and doors, wiping down and disinfecting all surfaces and desks, handles, filing cabinets, table tops, cupboards, countertops, mirrors, furniture, walls and baseboards, removal of trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of ovens, fridges and bathrooms.
- Cleans/restores homes due to client-caused damage, floods or fire;
- Dusting and cleaning surfaces areas;
- Performs general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping;
- Using vacuuming equipment; vacuums and cleans carpets;
- Disposing of trash from bins and containers;
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces and mirrors;
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies and products;
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products;
- Keeping all spaces neat and tidy;
- Assist certain Program Participants with the upkeep of their suites (stripping bedding, cleaning dishes, bathrooms, floors, remove garbage, etc.);
- Reporting repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job;
- Be prepared to work calmly and together with your team, paramedics and police in crisis situations;
- Inspects completed work and ensures it conforms to standards;
- Ensure compliance with all ASK Wellness and WorkSafe/Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines supportive standards, policies and procedures;
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
- Assist team to maintain complete documentation, verbal and written reports, statistics and records in files and on ShareVision database;
- When requested, be a member of the COA’s Performance and Quality Improvement team in which you will encourage the organization to use data to identify areas of needed improvement and implement improvement plans.
Qualifications and Suitability
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping experience an asset;
- Experience with mental health/addiction and homelessness issues an asset;
- Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports;
- Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries;
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation and organizational skills;
- Must pass criminal record check for vulnerable sector and reference screening;
- Level 1 First Aid and WHMIS required;
- Access to vehicle in good working condition and valid driver’s license an asset;
- In-house Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness Training, and 2sLGBTQ+ Training provided;
- As clients are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. We are fully focused on equality and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability or age.
Closing Date: This position will remain open until the successful candidate is chosen
Interview Dates: To be discussed
Send cover letter and resume to: Careers@askwellness.ca
Please Reference Position: Casual Restoration Cleaner (Penticton)
Attention: Human Resources