Reports To: Coordinator of Supportive Housing, Merritt
Wage Range: $18.31 to $21.77 based on education and experience
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
What is Casual/On-Call? Casual/On-Call means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements may vary to a maximum of 40 hours per week. Casual/On-Call is a great way for you to get to know us and for us to get to know you. It is also a gateway for future permanent positions within the Society. There are no rules with respect to declining shifts that do not work with your schedule that may result in removal from the casual/on-call list.
Position Summary: Work in collaboration with the Merritt Team to maintain cleanliness of both office spaces and client suites. Building and suite clean-ups which may or may not include: windows and doors, wiping down and disinfecting all surfaces and desks, handles, filing cabinets, table tops, cupboards, countertops, mirrors, furniture, walls and baseboards, removal of trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of ovens, fridges and bathrooms. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
- Dust furniture, equipment, partitions, walls, etc.;
- Clean and disinfect sinks, countertops, floors, toilet, tables, chairs, refrigerators, microwaves, etc. in restrooms, client rooms;
- Sweep, mop, vacuum and/or hand scrub floors using brooms, mops and vacuum cleaners;
- Empty trash cans and recyclables into disposal areas;
- Wipe down walls using wall mop, doors, wall hangings, and baseboards, etc.;
- Clean windows, glass partitions, or mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, or squeegees;
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies and products;
- Clean/restore client suites/homes due to client-caused damage, floods or fire;
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products;
- Keeping all spaces neat and tidy;
- Reporting repairs and replacements when encountered on the job;
- When necessary, be trained to be the first to respond to an overdose situation with on the spot overdose response and support and prepared to work calmly and together with your team, paramedics and police in crisis situations;
- Ensure compliance with all WorkSafe/Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines supportive standards, Society policies and procedures;
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
- Complete accurate and up to date communication/case notes.
- Complete move in/move out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined within this job description.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping experience an asset;
- Must be willing to work in units with bed bugs/hoarding/harm reduction present in positive and confident manner (training can be provided);
- Must have good time management skills within a fast-paced, high intensity work environment;
- Experience with mental health/addiction and homelessness issues an asset;
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, bending, kneeling, push and pull objects, lift and move objects, repetitive bending and lifting/arm movements.
- Ability to work as a team member in a case management setting involving multi-agency supports
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Casual Merritt Cleaner” to firstname.lastname@example.org You may also apply directly apply online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor.
If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.