Reports To: Director of People Experience and Employment Development
Director of Resources and Property Management
Term: Temporary Full-Time starting ASAP for six months
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm with ½ hour paid break.
Wage Range: $18.00 to $22.00 commensurate with experience.
Permanent Full-Time/Temporary Full-Time (over three months) who work more than 30 hours per week are eligible for three weeks paid vacation in the first year and they may be taken after a successful probationary period. In the second year, this entitlement increases to four weeks. In the fifth year, the entitlement increases to five weeks. Each year after five years the entitlement is five weeks plus one day for every subsequent year to a maximum of six weeks. Unless otherwise negotiated. Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (22.5 hours per week and over on contracts more than three months) vacation entitlements accrue each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended). Casual/On-Call/Permanent Part-Time/Temporary Part-Time employees (under 22.5 hours per week or on contracts less than three months) vacation entitlements are paid out each payroll according to Employment Standards Act BC (as amended).
Permanent Full-Time employees are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). Temporary Full-Time employees for a term longer than three months are eligible for full health benefits (minimum 30 hours per week). These hours can be fulfilled through a variety of permanent positions. Part-Time Employees are eligible to take part in our Health Care Spending Account which provides a tax-free partial reimbursement for eligible healthcare expenses up to the bi-annual maximum for Permanent Part-Time, Temporary Part-Time and Caretakers through a third-party administrator. Permanent Full-Time and Permanent Part-Time employees have access to the Wellness Plan benefit. All employees have access to two paid culturally sensitive days, Annual Retreats, Training, and ASK Staff Social Events.
Who is the ASK Wellness Society?
The ASK Wellness Society is a not-for-profit organization that supports individuals within the BC Region with opportunities and the resources to change their current situation. It is about reaching out to those people who are homeless and battling addictions, helping them find housing and medical care, addressing their addictions, stabilizing mental health issues and, ultimately, providing them with the skills to re-enter the work force. The ASK Wellness Society administers an unconditional sense of hope to those who are convinced they are incapable of ever achieving a stable and meaningful life.
Purpose and Function
The Administrative Clerk works closely with the Property Services and People Experience Departments to assist with organization, consistency, and general administration. In this role, you will be expected to exercise sound judgement and independence while managing day-to-day administrative activities.
- Maintaining of files/filing, assisting with preparation of documents and data entry;
- Provide clerical and administrative support such as typing, binding, copying, scanning, emailing, etc.;
- Completing reference checks when required;
- Performing multifaceted general office support;
- Assist with scheduling and organizing meetings;
- Assist team with required written reports, letters, and memoranda;
- Maintain files and documentation to the COA Standard;
- Ensure compliance with all Society supportive standards, policies, and procedures;
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
Qualifications and Suitability
- Completion of Grade 12;
- Post-secondary Diploma or Certificate in Office Administration an asset;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, which includes Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Excellent communication, writing, documentation and organizational skills;
- Experience and/or knowledge in the Residential Tenancy Act (BC) an asset;
- Experience and/or knowledge in Payworks an asset;
- Ability to work as an effective member of an integrated administrative team;
- Ability to work unsupervised to achieve objectives within specifically negotiated timelines;
- Ability to handle multiple, simultaneous, and detailed tasks effectively and efficiently;
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information;
- In-house Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness Training, and 2sLGBTQ+ Training provided;
- It is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. We are fully focused on equality and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Closing Date: October 18, 2021 at noon
Interview Dates: October 21, 2021 and October 22nd, 2021
Send cover letter and resume to: Careers@askwellness.ca
Please Reference Position: Admin Clerk
Attention: People Experience Department