Program: Property Services
Reports To: Coordinator of Property Maintenance and Cleaning
Term Permanent Full-Time (37.5 hours per week)
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm with ½ hour paid break Note: Hours may vary due to operational needs.
Wage Range: $21.62 up to $25.17 based on education and related experience.
The ASK Wellness Society is an Accredited not-for-profit organization. Through the generous support of funders, we are able to assist those who are marginalized and at-risk to strengthen the communities we serve (Kamloops, Merritt, and Penticton). We provide housing and support to those who are facing homelessness/at risk of homelessness and support those who may use substances, mental health challenges, harm reduction, health education and ultimately provide the skills to re-enter the workforce.
What We Offer:
- Competitive benefits including but not limited to dental, vision, physiotherapy, massage, and fertility upon eligibility
- Municipal Pension Plan upon eligibility
- On-site training and development opportunities such as Violence Prevention, Cultural Awareness and 2SLGBTQ+ training
- A culture of equality, inclusion, and diversity including paid cultural sensitivity days
- Accidental death insurance and Wellness plan benefit
- Vacation entitlements for Part-Time and Full-Time employees
Effective November 1, 2021, the Society requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with the Society unless a legal exemption is obtained.
As the General Cleaner, you will work in collaboration with the Property Services Cleaning Department to maintain cleanliness. While cleaning Program Participant’s suites, you may encounter harm reduction supplies, bed bugs and hoarding scenarios. Building and suite clean-ups which may or may not include windows and doors, wiping down and disinfecting all surfaces and desks, handles, filing cabinets, tabletops, cupboards, countertops, mirrors, furniture, walls and baseboards, removal of trash, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning of ovens, fridges, and bathrooms.
As the Pest Control Cleaner, you will provide exceptional service for residential and commercial units throughout the Kamloops and Merritt communities. Protect people and enhance lives by providing solutions which ensure public health and protect the environment through energy efficient and sustainable pest control services. Service delivery is based on a client centered, non-judgmental perspective.
Typical Duties Include:
General Cleaner Responsibilities
- Cleans/restores homes due to client-caused damage, floods, or fire.
- Move out (vacancy) cleaning.
- Dusting and cleaning surfaces areas.
- Perform general sweeping, scrubbing, mopping.
- Using vacuuming equipment: vacuuming and cleaning carpets.
- Disposing of trash from bins and containers.
- Cleaning windows, glass surfaces and mirrors.
- Maintaining and upkeep of all cleaning equipment, supplies and products.
- Ensuring safe and sanitary storage and care of products.
- Keeping all spaces neat and tidy.
- Assist certain Program Participants with the upkeep of their suites (stripping bedding, cleaning dishes, bathrooms, floors, remove garbage, etc.).
- Reporting repairs and replacements needed when encountered on the job.
Pest Control Responsibilities
- Provide pest control services for residential and commercial units throughout the Kamloops and Merritt communities Assess suite (set traps to confirm presence of pests) and assist with exterminator for site spray.
- Prepare units for treatment which could include but not limited to moving or lifting furniture, removing items, preparing and packing personal belongings, wrapping furniture, loading and/or unloading trucks with items for treatment or disposal.
- Provide pre-treatment guidance to clients and all personnel and participate in pre-treatment activities when requested.
- Loading and unloading the truck with furnishings and personal items.
- Operate pest control truck and ensure quality control for heating process to ensure proper processing.
- Ensure return of furniture and personal items to suite.
- Ensure respect and dignity of all clients and their situation.
- Inspects completed work and ensures it conforms to standards.
- Ensure compliance with all ASK Wellness and WorkSafe/Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines supportive standards, policies, and procedures.
- Other duties which may or may not be outlined in this job description.
- Complete accurate and up to date communication/case notes.
- Maintain files and statistics as per accreditation standards.
- Complete move in/move out documentation as required by the Property Services Department.
- When requested, be a member of the Society’s Performance and Quality Improvement (PQI) team.
- Ensure compliance with all Society policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Prior cleaning/housekeeping experience an asset.
- Must be willing to work in units with live bed bugs present in positive and confident manner.
- Strong ability to recognize and address difficult behaviors.
- Good communication, documentation, interpersonal and conflict management skills.
- Some tasks may be physically demanding and require that you be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work within a team-based environment.
- Understands and maintains professional boundaries.
- Experience driving a 5-ton truck preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, safe driving record and reliable/appropriate transportation with business use coverage.
- Must pass an acceptable criminal record check for the vulnerable sector.
- Occupational First Aid Level 1 required.
- Readiness to complete in-house online training within the first month of employment.
- Mental Health First Aid, ASIST, and Trauma Informed Practice an asset.
- As Program Participants are allowed to have pets, it is noted that this is a pet friendly environment.
How to apply: Please submit your application with a detailed cover letter and resume with the reference “Pest Control” to email@example.com. You may also apply directly online at https://askwellness.ca/careers/
The ASK Wellness Society offers assistance from an Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, or Inuit) and/or would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, we encourage you to contact us, and you will be redirected to our Employment Advisor.
The ASK Wellness Society is dedicated to promoting diversity/multiculturalism with inclusion as one of our Core Values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age.